Desex in the City
De-sex in the City
The De-Sex in the City Program is designed to:
- Increase the de-sexing rate in the community by providing low cost de-sexing for both male and female cats to residents,
- Reduce the potential for unwanted litters of kittens,
- Reduce the prevalance of significant cat diseases in the community (De-sexed cats are much less likely to stray or engage in fighting),
- Via the promotion of this program, contribute to community education regarding the responsible ownership of cats, and
- Improve the status of cats in the community as companion animals that have significant health and wellbeing outcomes for groups such as the elderly, children and low income households.